Super fast, easy and healthy Japanese-style Buckwheat soba noodles:
- Grated Japanese daikon (radish)
- Slivered green onion
- Ponzu sauce (available at your local Whole Foods or asian market), with a sprinkle of fresh lemon juice and sesame seeds
- Boiled egg
- Buckwheat soba noodles (cooked to direction or about 3-4 min)
Assemble on plate or bamboo roll (used to make sushi but also serves as a beautiful colander/serving ware)
Quick, easy, and healthy. Buckwheat noodles are a slow-releasing carb, gluten-free, high in protein, iron, and lignan.
Asian Nicoise Salad with Ponzu Dressing
- Blanched & drained bok choy (chopped)
- Julienned red bell peppers & Fuji apple
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Crispy leeks
albeit bit expensive at $5/can, it’s nothing like Starkist & totally worth it). (Mixed with chopped bell peppers, capers, veganaise, and sauteed fresh sweet corn in olive oil,
pat of Earth Balance butter, free of hydrogenated oil & preservative and a teaspoon of green curry paste).
- Asian ponzu dressing (ponzu sauce, lemon juice, garlic, walnut oil and agave). Whisk well, toss greens with dressing, assemble nicoise tower, sprinkle bell peppers, tomatoes and leeks and enjoy~
Made with two tablespoons of love; love for food, love for life.